Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Running an Eclipse Project

Well, the debate around e4 has showcased that we continue to be a vibrant and lively community. And I really want one of those "Evil Eclipse Platform Lairs" that Chris Recoskie talked about! The closest thing I could find online is a "Web Lair" from a band called ECLIPSE. Check out those mp3's and lyrics! I had an unexplainable urge to bite the head off of a bat. Nick, I challenge you to go Weird Al on one of their songs. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the e4 demos and discussions at EclipseCon.

And speaking of EclipseCon, I have to make a plug for my tutorial: So you want to run a project in Eclipse? It's at 4pm in Room 206.

This tutorial will cover the entire project lifecycle, eclipse philosophy, infrastructure mechanics, and some (hopefully) interesting advice on keeping project sponsorship relevant to your company. In other words, it's a collection of the mistakes I've made.

Please note: The printed program has me in the Theatre, which is wrong. I had to bump myself (I am the scheduler) from the Theatre to Room 206 because the event staff needs to setup the Theatre for the awards ceremony and game show. So please show up at 4 pm in Room 206 if this tutorial topic interests you.

Tags: eclipsecon

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger seoppc said...

Hi friend

could you help me in using eclipse.I need to develop a php project using eclipse..how to start with it...are there any tutorial references that you can suggest for me to read.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Doug Gaff said...

Try the Eclipse PDT project. Especially take a look at the setup instructions on wiki for configuring the PDT debugger with the Zend or XDebug engines. If you need help, post a question to the eclipse.tools.pdt newsgroup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home