Thursday, May 01, 2008

Finally a Friend

I know, I know…shame on me for taking so long to become a Friend of Eclipse or FOE. I've paid my dues to Eclipse in a lot of ways, and now I can add Pay Pal to that list.

What prompted me to do it? Altruism, love, sense of obligation or duty? Nope…bandwidth. I'm working from home today, where I have a very fast Internet connection (unlike work). But the download from eclipse was really dragging. So I became a FOE, used the FOE mirror, and got some very nice download speeds. Totally worth the money. Hey…at least I'm honest.

You know what they say: "Keep your friends close and your FOE's even closer."

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Denis Roy said...

Who would have thought I would have made new friends by offering slow downloads...

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Doug Gaff said...

Yeah, you've got a good business going there. Too bad you don't get to keep the loot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home