Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Board Elections & VCS Enthusiasts

The problem with campaign promises is that some people expect you to live up to them. Anyone familiar with U.S. politics knows that campaign promises are what you say to get elected, not what you actually intend to do in office. I guess we hold ourselves to higher standards in Eclipse. So back to my (shameless) "Can we deploy git? Yes We Can!" initiative.

Scott Rosenbaum (EclipseCon 2009 Program Chair) asked for a volunteer to organize a panel on VCS technologies. I've volunteered, and I'm calling all VCS/DVCS enthusiasts interested in this panel. I already have a pretty good list of potential panelists, but if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment.

And yes, I am running for my 2nd term on the Eclipse Board of Directors. Truthfully, all of the candidates are great, so please vote! (You should have an email in your inbox with instructions.)


2 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Mik Kersten said...

I'm interested in this discussion and panel, since Mylyn provides task-based change set automation for VCSs. We're in the process of figuring out how that should work for the DVCSs, so it's good to see the interest around GIT and Mercurial.

Good luck with the elections Doug! It was great working with you at the last meeting, I hope that one or both of us gets to continue pushing on improving the release train quality and communication.

--
Mik Kersten
CEO: http://tasktop.com/blog
Project Lead: http://eclipse.org/mylyn

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Doug Gaff said...

Thanks Mik. Good luck to you, too. I think all the candidates are great, so the committers will benefit from whomever gets elected.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home