Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Eclipse Board of Directors

After attending an all hands meeting with my Board of Directors Exploratory Committee, I'm pleased to announce my candidacy for the 2009 election.

My first order of business will be a Committer Stimulus Package, the details of which will be fleshed out after I announce my Committer Czar. In the meantime, you can influence my position with the purchase of foamy beverages. Hey, I'm in open source, and I was promised Free Beer. Where is the beer? Oh wait…I just reread that article. It's says "Free as in speech, not free as in beer." Dammit! Anyway, I'd like to announce my campaign slogan (and the subsequent loss of Denis and Karl's votes):

Can we deploy git at the Foundation? Yes We Can!

In all seriousness, I have actually accomplished a few things this year on the Board, and I'd like to continue to represent you. I'd appreciate your vote when the virtual polls open on Feb 23.

6 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Denis Roy said...

Influence your position with foamy beverages, huh? EclipseCon is coming up.......

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Antoine said...

And in all seriousness, are you serious about the git business ? OK if _I_ buy you a beer for that ?

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Manuel Woelker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Manuel Woelker said...

Nice platform!
Incidentally I received confirmation that the Git BoF has been accepted for EclipseCon.

And I'd join in on Antoine's offer...

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Doug Gaff said...

Yes, I think git is a good idea. To be fair, all of the current board committer reps are interested in seeing git deployed at the foundation. In the link above, you can read the minutes from the Dec meeting where it was discussed.

The challenge for the Foundation is prioritizing it with their limited resources.

And yes, I'll take "beers for git" - sounds like a good secondary slogan.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger oisin said...

Foamy beverages eh? I've got a cappuccino with your name on it, Doug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home